Whatever craziness or curve ball life throws at you, there is always something to be thankful for. 2010 had its share of several disappointments, and the fact the it flew by so fast I feel like I have not really accomplished anything. But in a moment’s reflection, I can say that I am still truly blessed and have a lot to be thankful for! I don’t think I have achieved my goals for this year, especially in terms of academic accomplishments, but they were well compensated with the love and support I get from my family and friends.
Now, for a countdown of the things I am super thankful for, these are the top five things that come to mind:
1) The chance to be with the family on a special occasion – Nengerz law school graduation! Although it was a super short vacation and with Mamer and Dader coming to Manila only during the last four days of my stay, it was all worth the trip!
2) Postcards in the mail courtesy of Sol. One rarely gets any personal stuff in the mail these days and a personalized postcard from a good friend together with quips from her (crazy) cranium puts a smile on my face every time.
3) No running injuries this year! My personal best have improved across the board and I haven’t had any problems with my knees or ankles at all this past running season. Maybe those glucosamine-chondroitin capsules do work after all.
4) The gift of music – I decided to become a choir member for the Filipino community in Boston and Worcester and I’m very thankful for the opportunity to sing and enjoy Filipino praise music! I also missed being part of a choir, as I have been a part of one since my elementary days.
5) Yoga. I have re-discovered yoga this year ( I have been practicing it intermittently over the past two years) and making it a regular part of my weekly schedule has made me more mindful and aware of myself.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!